Monday, July 2, 2012

Movin' on up...

... to my Mom's garage. A little history... this garage has served for the past decade as:

1. a recording studio, where I barely made a living for 4 years,

2. a rehearsal studio, for my dad's old cover band,

3. A workshop, where I built guitar pedals & my old studio furniture,

4. Storage, since musicians are legendary packrats, and finally

5. a rat's nest, literally. Mom had to get en exterminator last summer.


So here we are, hanging up to dry after a light sanding and coats 3, 4, & 5 of sealer:



Now that i can sleep without breathing in lacquer fumes, this project will be on a weekend schedule, although I may try to get up there this Wednesday (4th of July) for a light sanding and coat of primer before my afternoon acoustic gig with Dead Amble (shameless plug).

In other project-related news, I've learned of a newer Wilkinson tremolo, the VS401, which is an improved version of the VG100 (my previous favorite). It's an extra $40, but i'll go for it!

Also debating the merits of other Seymour Duncan pickup combos. Plenty of time to think about that though.




No comments:

Post a Comment