Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 5th of July!

That's right, today is the 5th... it's the 11th anniversary of my 5th of July keg party, thrown back when I was a 21-year-old idiot. Why the 5th? Because everyone has parties on the 4th, and if you couldn't already tell, I like to be different. My dad, God rest his soul, stood in our driveway and ID'd everyone, then cooked hotdogs & hamburgers for my drunken friends. Ah, the memories!

Back to business... started priming the body yesterday, and drove up again this morning before work to get another coat on after some light sanding. Here she is:


Might be ready to start spraying some color this weekend! I'll light sand with some #320 grit and see how it looks.

Oh, how was the Dead Amble gig yesterday? It rocked, thanks for asking! Grand Victory is an awesome venue and I'd love to play there again. I'm also on detox for the next couple days (until we play Sunday afternoon at Lady Jay's, that is).

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good start, but you'll need to clear the primer from the neck pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually white tape in the neck pocket and all of the cavities

      Delete