Friday, June 29, 2012

What were you doing at 9am?


Good morning, faithful followers! After a quick trip to Lowes, I just finished the first coat of sealer, and my, is this lady lookin' purdy...


I'll throw on a 2nd coat before I leave for work, then do the back tonight or tomorrow.

A friend asked how much this project will cost... I hadn't even thought of a budget, since this is something i've always wanted to do, but just for fun, let's price it out:

Body (Ebay): $75 (I got a great deal, $100 is more average)
Neck (Warmoth): $170
Paint & finishing supplies: Approx. $80
Electronics: already have some, but if I went new, about $150
Tuners: $70
Bridge: $100
Sweat: $0
Time & energy: priceless

So, about $645 for a premium American-made instrument, built to my exact specs with all top-of-the-line parts, finished & assembled by some schmuck in his mom's garage. Only in America!



No comments:

Post a Comment