Monday, July 9, 2012

Blog update... now in COLOR!!!

Hello faithful followers, hope ya'll had a great weekend! I sure did, as evidenced here with the Dead Amble guys (i'm on the left):

(I know, I know, i said color, and the first pic is black & white, whatever...)
Got some nice tones out of my G&L Legacy and GrooveTubes Soul-O 45 combo. I'll also be doing a special blog entry on my G&L, as i'll be performing a mod on it very soon.

Anyhow, I promised COLOR! And here she is:


That's after the first 3 coats... basically, you follow something called "The Rule of Three"... 3 passes = one coat, 3 coats per day with at least an hour in between each, and 3 days of that process, for a total of 9 coats. That supposedly yields the best results. So far, i'm loving the color! Can't wait to see how it looks after all 9 coats. The final coats of clear lacquer will affect the shade too, i'm sure.

Until then, here's a pic of us with Uncle Leon & The Alibis, an awesome "cowpunk" band we were honored to share the stage with yesterday at Lady Jay's in Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment